Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween - Really Want To Carve A Pumpkin Next Year ...

I have not carved a pumpkin for Halloween in several years--mostly this is because every time I look at the price of pumpkins my inner miser overpowers my holiday spirit. Yes, that is one scrappy little inner miser.

This year I at least thought about and half-intended to buy and carve a pumpkin--then I just sort of ran out of time. But I was thinking of a lizard design, since there are so many lizards all over the place here.

I found these images that are not what I was picturing, but are pretty cool, nonetheless. (I'm afraid I didn't see anything that really helped me figure out how to do what I had in mind ...)

 
The one below doesn't even look like a pumpkin--must have been one of those misshapen kinds that I'm sure the best artists just love to find.


 
The one below, I don't even know why it came up in my search, but it's pretty darn cool. And how could Starry Night not be on any person's favorite paintings list?


 
Next time I will carve my own, though perhaps not quite this elaborate ...
... Happy Halloween ...

1 comment:

Sun Sunny said...

Why do we have to celebrate the thanksgiving day every year? Because it is important to learn to be thankful. Nobody should treat you well as their responsiblity or things they must do, they are kind to you because they are warm-hearted. We should be thankful to anyone who have helped us, who are helping us, or even the opponents who taught us to be more mature. We should learn to be thankful and think about our past and future. Just like the World of Warcraft developers, they are always thankful to all their fans and players. Aboundant world of warcraft gold and rich wow rewards will be available to you.