Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Very Punny

In choir practice Sunday, someone shared a joke. It reminded me how much I love puns (and how much other people don't). The opening made me worried it wouldn't be appropriate for politically mixed company, but it was. Here it is:

Back when Obama was first running for president, a lot of people thought there was no way a black man could be elected in this country. It's just not possible, they said. Yeah, that'll happen--when pigs fly!

And so it came about on Obama's 100th day in office: swine flu.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Isn't that great?!?!? I love it. Especially because it sounds like it's going to be some political thing, but then, no! It's just silly.

So the moral of this story is, if you know any really bad puns, send them my way!

1 comment:

Joshua said...

What sort of man was Boaz before he married?

Ruthless!